Market Rasen is a market town midway between Lincoln and Grimsby on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds. It is on the A46 which passes the site and has a railway station with regular services to Lincoln, Newark and Grimsby.
The town is best known for its race course which lies to the east and hosts more than 20 race days per year.
There are a good range of facilities in Market Rasen including the well-reputed de Aston School, Market Rasen Church of England Primary School and local health services. The town centre has a selection of local and national retailers including Tesco and Lincolnshire Co-op stores.
In total, Market Rasen has a population of around 4,000 which is projected to grow over the next 5 years.
This development site is on the northern edge of Market Rasen with countryside to north and north-west. It has direct access onto Gallamore Lane which is the A46, Lincoln to Grimsby Road.
A completed development by Allison Homes is just to the east. Though the site is in an "edge of town" position, it is close to employment and about half a mile from the town centre.
The property is a level field that we believe is previously undeveloped. It is rectangular in shape with hedging and mature trees to all boundaries. In total, it is an area of 3.26 hectares (8.1 acres).
The property is an allocated site in the Central Lincolnshire Local Plan (Reference CL1358). Interested parties should make their own enquiries about the opportunities for, and constraints on, development. However, it is anticipated that the site will be suitable for development of at least 80 houses.
We understand that mains water, drainage, gas and electricity are available nearby. Interested parties should make their own enquiries of the providers in connection with capacity and availability of services.
Freehold with vacant possession.
The property is to be sold by informal tender on the following terms:
1. Tenders must be submitted in writing on the tender form which is available from JHWalter on request. Please contact Janet Harvey on 01522 504326 or one of the Agents.
2. All tenders must reach the office of JHWalter, 1 Mint Lane, Lincoln, LN1 1UD no later that 12 noon on Monday 29th January 2018.
3. The tender form should be sealed in an envelope and clearly marked externally with the heading "TENDER - Gallamore Lane, Market Rasen" plus the name and registered office or home address of the bidder as well as a contact name and telephone number.
Should you wish to submit the Tender Form by email, it should be done by completing the tender form in Word, converting this to a pdf and attaching the pdf to the email which should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org headed "TENDER - Gallamore Lane, Market Rasen" and stating in the text of the email the name and registered office or home address of the bidder as well as a contact name and telephone number.
4. The tender form must be completed in full including the name and address of both the prospective purchaser and their solicitor.
5. Your offer must be for a precise sum of pounds sterling and not calculated by reference to any other offers. Your offer should clearly state whether you are willing for the vendor to retain finished houses as part of the payment and, if so, on what terms.
6. All tenders must include evidence of finance for the purchase.
7. Your offer will be subject to contract and clearly state any other conditions to which the offer is subject.
8. By completing this form you confirm that you can exchange contracts within 6 weeks of your solicitor receiving a draft contract.
9. The vendors reserve the right not to accept the highest of indeed any of the offers received.
The property is sold subject to, and with the benefit of, all existing easements, wayleaves and rights of way whether or not specifically mentioned in these particulars.
£1,500,000. Offers are invited for consideration.
Note: The owner would prefer to agree a transaction involving the retention of completed units as part of the consideration.
Prices are quoted net of VAT. However, at the date of these particulars, we understand that the vendors have not elected to charge VAT.
Plans attached to these particulars are for identification purposes only and do not form part of any contract. They are not to scale.
Strictly by appointment with the agents.
For further information or to arrange a viewing please contact sole agents JHWalter.
John Elliott / Andrew France
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
* Please Note: If Google Street View appears with no imagery, it is not available for this property