Price on application (Sold Subject to Contract)
Lincoln is a cathedral city and the administrative and major shopping centre within the County of Lincolnshire with an urban area population of 130,200 (2011 Census). It is also a university city with over 14,000 students and staff contributing an estimated £250 million into the local economy. The city attracts circa 3.7 million tourists annually spending £1 billion.
Rose House is situated on the western side of Tentercroft Street at its junction with the High Street and forms part of a recent city centre regeneration programme. The vibrant Brayford Pool waterfront, Lincoln University and Lincoln train station are all within short walking distance.
Rose House comprises a recently completed development of four retail units and 11 apartments over ground, first, second and third floors with car park (9 spaces), cycle and bin storage to the rear. The property was built as a condition of the planning permission for the recently completed East West Link Road and replaces similar properties with heritage status that had to be removed in order to enable the new road to be built.
Rose House is named after Rose Musical Warehouse which was founded by William Rose on the site in the 1860s. Williams youngest son, Edwin Samuel, inherited the business which stayed in the family for five generations until Jane Kinnear (nee Rose) and John Rose agreed to sell it to Lincolnshire County Council in order to allow the East West Link Road to go ahead.
Floor plans can be found at the end of these particulars
Retail 1 - Ground / First / Second Floors - 2,390 sq ft (222 sq m)
Retail 2 - Ground floor - 1,593 sq ft (148 sq m)
Office 1 - Ground floor - 1,140 sq ft (131 sq m)
Office 2 - Ground floor - 721 sq ft (67 sq m)
Apartment 1 - First Floor - 3 bedroom - 823 sq ft (77 sq m)
Apartment 2 - First Floor - 2 bedroom - 614 sq ft (57 sq m)
Apartment 3 - First Floor - 2 bedroom - 614 sq ft (57 sq m)
Apartment 4 - First Floor - 2 bedroom - 614 sq ft (57 sq m)
Apartment 5 - First Floor - 2 bedroom - 592 sq ft (55 sq m)
Apartment 6 - Second Floor - 3 bedroom - 823 sq ft (77 sq m)
Apartment 7 - Second Floor - 2 bedroom - 614 sq ft (57 sq m)
Apartment 8 - Second Floor - 2 bedroom - 614 sq ft (57 sq m)
Apartment 9 - Second Floor - 2 bedroom - 614 sq ft (57 sq m)
Apartment 10 - Second / Third Floor - 3 bedroom - 947 sq ft (88 sq m)
Apartment 11 - Third Floor - 1 bedroom - 614 sq ft (57 sq m)
The property has planning permission for use within Classes A1 (Shops), A2 (Financial & Professional Services) and C3 (Dwellings) of the Town and Country Planning (Use Classes) Order 1987 (as amended).
The retail units are entered on the 2017 Rating List as "shop and premises" with the following rateable values:
Retail 1 - £40,500
Retail 2 - £49,250
Office 1 - To be assessed
Office 2 - £22,000
Interested parties should make their own enquiries of City of Lincoln Council with regard to business rates.
Each apartment has been assessed within Band A.
The property is for sale freehold subject to new 999 year leases of Retail 1 and Apartment 11. Further information is available upon request.
The property is to be sold by informal formal tender on the following terms:
1. All tenders must reach the office of JHWalter, 1 Mint Lane, Lincoln LN1 1UD no later than 12 noon on Friday 3 November 2017. No late tenders will be considered.
2. Tenders should be submitted in writing on the prescribed tender form which is available from JHWalter on request following completion of an identity check to satisfy the Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations.
3. The tender form which should be fully completed, sealed in an envelope and clearly marked externally both with the name, address and contact telephone number of the bidder and the heading TENDER Rose House. Please note that JHWalter will not be able to open a sealed prior to carrying out an identification check on a prospective purchaser.
4. Full name and address of both the prospective purchaser and their solicitor should be provided with any tender.
5. Your offer must be for a precise sum of pounds sterling and not calculated by reference to any other offers. We advise that your offer be made for an odd figure to avoid the possibility of identical bids.
6. All tenders must include evidence of finance for the purchase.
7. Your offer is subject only to contract and is to be unconditional in all other respects.
8. By completing this form you confirm that you can exchange contracts within four weeks of your solicitor receiving a draft contract.
9. It is the responsibility of any intending purchaser to satisfy himself / herself as to the basis upon which he / she makes an offer. The making of any offer will be taken as an admission by the intending purchaser that he / she has made all prudent enquiries and has relied solely on his / her own judgement.
10. The vendors will not consider any further or amended offers after the stipulated date and will not enter into discussion or correspondence thereafter.
11The vendors reserve the right not to accept the highest or indeed any of the offers received.
At the time of preparation of these particulars October 2017) we understand that the vendor will be electing to charge VAT.
The front pages of the Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for the building can be found at the end of these particulars. Full EPCs and Recommendation Reports are available to interested parties upon request.
Plans included or attached to these particulars are for identification purposes only and do not form part of any contract. They may not be to scale.
Each party is to be responsible for their own legal costs.
For further information or to arrange a viewing please contact sole agents JHWalter:
John Elliott BSc (Hons) MRICS ACIArb MNAVA
01522 504303 / email@example.com
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.
* Please Note: If Google Street View appears with no imagery, it is not available for this property