JHW are Medium Scale Wind Energy Specialists, our Energy and Planning team are delivering a range of wind energy projects for clients, typically but not exclusively between 50kw and 500kw.
Wind Turbine projects are financially supported by Feed In Tariffs (FIT) and Renewable Obligation Certificates (ROCs). The support is index linked and guaranteed for a 20 year period. Additional income streams are derived from onsite usage of power with the export of surplus electricity to the national grid.
From initial feasibility and turbine selection, JHW have secured planning, grid connection, and ofgem accreditation for a range of projects along with funding support and project delivery throughout the United Kingdom.
When we can help
- High onsite energy usage?
- Concerned about rising energy prices?
- Looking to secure your energy costs for the next 20 years?
- Seeking independent advice for potential wind energy development?
- Are you a developer/investor looking for a consultant with substantial wind energy experience?
- Have you a project that is not progressing and need a new approach?
- Are you tied into an option agreement that’s stalled and have another site to consider?
- Problems with Telecom, Radar, MOD, NATS, Shadow Flicker or Noise?
- Looking for attractive commercial investment returns
Our services include:
Desktop surveys (Free)
- Initial survey of key constraints to assess potential for wind power project suitability
- Detailed site analysis and consultations
- Scale & technology selection
- Funding - we deal with Banks, Venture Capitalists and private investors, matching finance type to individual client needs
- Preparation, submission of planning application and supporting technical documentation
- Discharge of planning conditions
- Contract negotiation and funding of Wind Turbines
- Accreditation for Feed In Tariff (FIT)
- Project delivery and commissioning
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Experience of working on a wide variety of renewable energy planning applications
- Excellent success rate and realistic, honest advice
- Work hard to get you the best result for a fair fee
- Excellent established reputation - originally established in 1790