JHW are independent Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas specialists. Our Energy and Planning team are delivering a range of AD projects for clients from 100kw to several Megawatts. Unlike other renewable technology, AD provides the opportunity for 24/7 energy security.
AD projects are financially supported by Feed In Tariff (FIT), Renewable Obligation Certificates (ROCs) and the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). This support is index linked and guaranteed for a 20 year period. Additional income streams are derived from onsite usage of power and heat with the export of surplus energy to the national grid.
Opportunity exists for those with feedstocks such as manures, food waste or energy crops. We have worked on projects for arable and livestock farms, vegetable producers, farm estates, food production businesses, and industrial processes. Whatever your situation or requirements the JHW Energy team can help.
From initial feasibility and technology selection, JHW have secured planning, grid connection, ofgem accreditation and EA permits for a range of plants along with funding support and project delivery throughout the United Kingdom.
When we can help
- High onsite energy usage?
- Concerned about rising energy prices?
- Looking to secure your energy costs for the next 20 years?
- Existing or potential waste streams / rotational energy crops
- Seeking commercially attractive investment returns?
Our services include
Scoping review (Free)
- Advice on scale, feedstocks and grid
- Advice on scale & technology selection
- Grid connection (gas and electricity)
- Permitting requirements
- Feedstock selection – food waste, farm waste and energy crop
- Heat use including drying and district heating
- Funding - we deal with Banks, Venture Capitalists and private investors, matching finance type to individual client needs
- Preparation, submission and planning application and supporting technical documentation
- Discharge of planning conditions
- Supply agreements
- Accreditation for the Feed In Tariff (FIT), Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), Combined Heat and Power Quality Assurance (CHPQA) and Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA)
- Project delivery and commissioning
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Substantial experience in the Renewable Energy sector across a range of scales and technologies
- Anaerobic Digestion & Biogas Association (ABDA) selected consultants
- Excellent success rate and realistic, honest Independent advice
- Work hard to get you the best result for a fair fee
- Excellent established reputation - originally established in 1790