JHW are independent Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas specialists. Our Energy and Planning team are delivering a range of AD projects for clients from 100kw to several Megawatts. Unlike other renewable technology, AD provides the opportunity for 24/7 energy security.
As with other renewable projects, anaerobic digestion schemes no longer have access to financial support in the shape of the Feed In Tariff (FIT) or Renewable Obligation Certificates (ROCs). The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) continues to support biomethane injection. The RHI support is index linked and guaranteed for a 20 year period. Anaerobic digestion can still be economically viable either through biomethane injection (generally large scale) or in small scale situations where there is a high power and ideally heat demand.
Opportunity exists for those with feedstocks such as manures, food waste or energy crops. We have worked on projects for arable and livestock farms, vegetable producers, farm estates, food production businesses, and industrial processes. Whatever your situation or requirements the JHW Energy team can help.
From initial feasibility and technology selection, JHW have secured planning, grid connection, ofgem accreditation and EA permits for a range of plants along with funding support and project delivery throughout the United Kingdom.
When we can help
- High onsite energy usage?
- Concerned about rising energy prices?
- Existing or potential waste streams/rotational energy crops
- Seeking commercially attractive investment returns?
Our services include
- Advice on scale & technology selection
- Grid connection (gas and electricity)
- Permitting requirements
- Feedstock selection – food waste, farm waste and energy crop
- Heat use including drying and district heating
- Funding - we deal with Banks and private investors, matching finance type to individual client needs
- Preparation, submission and planning application and supporting technical documentation
- Discharge of planning conditions
- Supply agreements
- Accreditation for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), Combined Heat and Power Quality Assurance (CHPQA) and Enhanced Capital Allowance (ECA)
- Project delivery and commissioning
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Substantial experience in the Renewable Energy sector across a range of scales and technologies
- Anaerobic Digestion & Biogas Association (ABDA) selected consultants
- Excellent success rate and realistic, honest Independent advice
- Work hard to get you the best result for a fair fee
- Excellent established reputation - originally established in 1790
BSc (Hons) MSc MRTPI
Chartered Town Planner
01522 504 329