The end of an era
At a recent farm machinery dispersal sale at Shelford in Nottinghamshire, JHWalter sold up the farming equipment of Mr Roger Perrin. Roger’s family have been tenants on the Shelford estate, now in the ownership of the Crown estate, for over 100 years.
A very good crowd of local and national buyers were blessed with good weather, despite being surrounded by wringing wet land!
Principal lots were;
- £42,200 - JCB Fastrac 3230 (3593 hours)
- £23,200 - Valtra T121 2007 (3937 hours)
- £19,000 - Bateman RB16 24m Sprayer (9300 hours)
- £6,800 - Herron 14T Grain Trailer
- £17,500 - Weaving Tine Drill
- £8,000 - Twose FR3-640 6m Rolls
It was also the end of an era for Ted Ibbotson of East Yorkshire who has been providing the catering at sales conducted by JHWalter around the region for over 35 years. Ted is photographed receiving a picture of Lincoln Cathedral and Castle from Ian Walter to remind the man from ‘God’s own country’ that he and his catering van regularly crossed the Humber Bridge into Lincolnshire, ‘The Land of Goshen’, to feed and water auction goers!