Planning Success & Planning to Succeed
The Town and Country Planning Team at JHWalter deliver success time after time on a broad range of projects.
As the planning system has become ever more complicated, it has never been more important to start a scheme with a sound strategy and carry out diligent preparation. This ensures that if an application is refused, it is oven ready to take through the appeals process.
Partner Steve Catney who leads the team commented “I just love receiving the notification of planning approval for a scheme, a real champagne moment“.
Steve and planners James Lambert and Alistair Anderson are assisted by Peter Welch who provides both digital and hand drawn illustrations and plans.
Now is a good time to call the team or email an image of your site. We can provide preliminary advice over the phone and arrange a site visit.
Examples of our successes:
- Housing Development, Gosberton, Spalding (South Holland District Council) - Obtained outline planning permission for residential development on 5.4 acres at Boston Road, Gosberton in an edge of village location.
- Commercial Development, Sutterton, Boston (Boston Borough Council) - Permission granted for the change of use from a highway depot to a site to be used for the service, repair and sale of trucks and vans including the erection of a workshop, sales and office building. Located in a prominent position off the A16 Sutterton roundabout.
- Housing Development, Hogsthorpe, Skegness (East Lindsey District Council) - JHWalter successfully obtained outline planning permission for up to 89 units at West End, Hogsthorpe. The site is located on the edge of the village on sloping land, providing a good mix of housing with westerly views across the countryside.
- Commercial Development, Sutterton, Boston (Boston Borough Council) - Permission granted for a Sugar Silo for a nationally recognised confectionary company.
- Rural Diversification, Dry Doddington, Newark (South Kesteven District Council) - Permission granted for a rural diversification project to convert shipping containers into an education centre, Café and Shop.
- Housing Development, East Markham, Newark (Bassetlaw District Council) - Design and obtained planning permission of an award-winning scheme for 8 dwellings for a site in East Markham. The site won the New Build category of The Harry Johnson Award for high quality of design and construction and the Bassetlaw Conservation Officer described the development as "absolutely fantastic" and "a fine example of a traditional Nottinghamshire village extension".
- Commercial Development, Metheringham, Lincoln (North Kesteven District Council) - Permission granted for the erection of 3 commercial units at Moorlands Industrial Estate.
- Housing Development, Saxilby, Lincoln (West Lindsey District Council) - Appeal allowed the grant of permission for 133 dwellings with all matters reserved and the change of use of agricultural land to a cemetery. The inspector concluded that the site was situated within an accessible and sustainable location for new development and would make a significant social contribution to the local housing market.