JHW’s Energy and Planning team are delivering a range of hydro energy projects for clients at varying scales. Hydroelectric power is an efficient and dependable form of renewable energy with a high level of predictability.
Hydro electric projects are financially supported by Feed In Tariff (FIT) and Renewable Obligation Certificates (ROCs). The support is index linked and guaranteed for a 20 year period. Additional income streams are derived from onsite usage of power with the export of surplus electricity to the national grid.
From initial feasibility and technology selection, JHW are involved in planning, licencing, grid connection, and ofgem accreditation for a range of projects along with funding support and project delivery throughout the United Kingdom.
When we can help
- High onsite energy usage
- Concerned about rising energy prices?
- Looking to secure your energy costs for the next 20 years?
- Seeking independent advice for potential hydro development?
Our services include:
Desktop surveys (Free)
- Initial survey of key constraints to assess a potential project’s suitability
- Detailed site analysis and consultations
- Head and flow calculations
- Scale & technology selection
- Funding - we deal with Banks, Venture Capitalists and private investors, matching finance type to individual client needs
- Preparation, submission of planning application and supporting technical documentation
- Discharge of planning conditions
- Appeal (if required)
- Contract negotiation and funding
- Accreditation for Feed In Tariff (FIT)
- Environmental Licence
- Power Purchase Agreements
- Project delivery and commissioning
- Experience of working on a wide variety of renewable energy planning applications
- Excellent success rate and realistic, honest advice
- Work hard to get you the best result for a fair fee
- Excellent established reputation - originally established in 1790
BSc (Hons) MIAgrM MBIAC
01522 504 321
07919 694 228
01522 504 327
BSc (Hons) AIEMA
01522 504 329